There are many different ways to make your TikTok profile stand out, and capture the attention of your target audience. If this is what you’re trying to achieve with it, then let’s talk about it.
Here is how to edit your TikTok profile for iPad, iPhone or Android.
- Click on the profile icon once you’ve opened the TikTok app.
- Click ‘edit profile’.
- Add your profile picture. Click your profile photo link in the middle of the screen, and click ‘take a photo’ to use your camera to take a new photo, or choose ‘select from camera roll/photos’ if you want to choose one from your tablet or phone. You might need to give TikTok permission to access your camera and photos. Follow the instructions to save and crop your picture.
- Add a profile video instead. This is an alternative to a profile picture, and comes in the form of a six second video. Click on the ‘profile video’ link that you’ll see at the top right of your screen. Choose a video you’ve saved on your iPhone or tablet. Drag the sliders so that you just choose six seconds of the video. Click ‘done’ to save it.
- Click on your display name to change or edit it. This is the first blank space at the top of the page. Once you’ve decided on your display name, click the ‘save’ link in the top right corner.
- Click your TikTok ID to make it different. This can be found in the second blank space next to the person icon. You can change this once a month if you like, but if someone else is using your idea, you’ll have to choose something else.
- Edit your bio. Click on your bio, which will say ‘no bio yet’ if you haven’t written anything in it. Type your bio, then click ‘save’ at the top right of your screen. Make sure that your bio is attractive, relevant, and not there to spam potential followers.
- Click ‘Instagram’ to connect your Instagram account to your TikTok account. This will give TikTok permission to access your Instagram account. Once the two accounts are connected, your Instagram username will be featured on your TikTok profile.
- Click ‘YouTube’ to do the same thing for your YouTube channel.
- Click ‘Twitter’ to link your Twitter account to your TikTok profile.
- Click ‘save’. This can be found at the top right of your screen. This will save any changes you’ve just made to your profile.