One of the best things about TikTok is that you can name the sounds that you create on your TikTok, so that you can save them for later to use in other content.
Let’s take a look at how to come up with your sound names on TikTok.
- Open up the app on your iPhone or Android.
- Find a video that you can upload to your TikTok without any music. Use the recorder to record the sound that you wish to use on TikTok. Click on the ‘+’, upload or record a video, click on ‘next’ and then edit your video and post it. Remember you’ll only be able to upload TikTok videos if you don’t apply music. You won’t be able to record a sound and name it, otherwise.
- Click on the ‘profile’ icon that looks like a person in the bottom right hand corner.
- Click on the video with the uploaded sound. You’ll find your videos below your profile’s information at the top of the page. Click the video that has the sound you just recorded.
- Click on the record icon. You’ll see it because it has music notes on it, and it’s located in the lower right hand corner. Once your profile picture is hovering over this icon, you can click it. You might have to wait for a few minutes for this feature to work once you’ve uploaded your video.
- Click ‘set’ or ‘edit sound title’. This can be found next to the audio name, which is at the top of the screen. There will be a default name of ‘original sound – and your profile name’. Remember, you can only change our file names once.
- Choose a name for the audio and type it. Click on the box that says ‘give your original sound a title’ so that you can use the keyboard to type a name for it.
- Click ‘confirm’, which is a pink box in the upper right hand corner. This will show a confirmation window that will come up in the middle of your screen.
- Click on ‘confirm’ again, which confirms your name change. Click on the record icon when you’re looking at your video to hear the sound attached to it. Then click ‘use this sound’. It might take a couple of seconds for the name to be formally changed.