TikTok is pretty popular at this point, but the problem is that it’s crowded in almost every niche.
This means that making videos that are going to get seen by your target audience is difficult. Luckily, we’ve got what you need to do well on TikTok to attract more followers.
Let’s take a look at how to get more likes on TikTok, so that you can optimize your TikTok profile for success.
Guide how to get more likes on TikTok
- Create a Memorable Profile
- Create a Catchy and Simple Username. Your username is going to be the first thing that people see, which is why it’s such an important part of your profile. Make sure that you come up with a catchy, short and simple username that is easy for your audience to remember.
- Add your profile picture. If you want to get more likes on your content, then you need to have a welcoming, simple, and effective profile picture.
Just like your username, your profile picture is one of the first things that people are going to see when they visit your TikTok account, so make sure that you include one that’s memorable.
- You can either use a photo of yourself, or a graphic image that is in line with your brand. To change your profile picture, select the ‘me’ tab at the bottom of your screen, and select ‘edit profile’. You will see ‘profile video’ and ‘profile photo’ options come up.
- Fill out your profile with a bio and a name. Keep your bio nice and short and easy for people to read. When someone visits your profile for the first time, they are going to learn a lot about who you are by reading your bio.
This is why you’ve got to make sure that it lines up with your brand’s image, and tells them enough about your content without taking up too much of their time.
- Link your YouTube and Instagram to your TikTok. If you’ve got a YouTube channel or an Instagram account, make sure that you link them to your TikTok profile.
This is going to increase your content’s reach, so that you can get more likes on your videos.
- Make Your Profile Public
- Open the TikTok app, which looks like a musical note. You will be able to find this on your home screen. If you have your profile set to ‘private’, then only those that are already following you will be able to see your content. We suggest that you change your profile to public, so that more people can see your content, and they are more likely to want to like your videos.
- Select the ‘me’ tab at the bottom of the screen on the right. This will look like a person, and it will open your profile.
- Select the three-dot icon that you see at the top of your screen to the right. This is going to open the ‘privacy and settings’ page.
- Select ‘privacy and safety’ on the menu. This is going to open your privacy preferences on a new page.
- Toggle the ‘private account’ option so that it is off. You will also want to make sure that this is switched off under the heading called ‘discoverability’. This is going to make your profile public, and it will let other users like your content.
- Make sure that the toggle title ‘allow other to find me’ is on. When this is turned on, people who could be interested in your account will get suggestions encouraging them to check out your content.
- Select ‘who can react to me’ under the ‘safety’ heading. This is going to let you decide on the privacy level for your page and determine who can react or like your videos.
- Select the ‘everyone’ option. When you select this option, everyone will be able to react and like your content, even if they aren’t following you already. You can also adjust other safety measures around privacy, including ‘who can post comments’ and ‘who can duet with me’.
- Create Popular Content
- Make sure you follow the latest trends on the ‘discover’ page. You can open the Discover page using the magnifier icon that you will find at the bottom of the screen. This is going to show you what’s trending on TikTok right now. You can make the most of this feature to find popular trends to expand your reach and keep up with what everyone else is doing on TikTok.
- Include hashtags in your video descriptions. Hashtags are a really important part of posting any content on TikTok, as they bridge the gap between your content and the viewer. Make sure that you include relatable, popular hashtags in your description field. This is going to increase your video’s reach. You can also use the Discover page to find popular hashtags in your niche.
- Use trending sounds over your videos. If you realise that a particular song or a snippet of a song has gotten a lot of attention lately, try incorporating it into your latest video. The more popular the sound is, the more likely your video is to do well.
- Find content and types of music that fit within your niche. Of course, popular trends are going to make it easy for people to find your content, but you’ve also got to be original. Originality lies in being able to find your own niche and sticking with it. Find music and content that you enjoy creating, and don’t forget to follow your own path.
- Use good lighting in your videos. You need to pay attention to the quality of your videos if you want to do really well with them. Good lighting is really important to how your videos look, so the better the lighting in your content, the more likes it is going to attract. Make sure to take advantage of natural light and good weather and invest in a bit of lighting equipment if you have the budget for it right now.
- Be active and post as much as possible. People who do well on TikTok have a rhythm in place where they post multiple times a week, and sometimes even multiple times a day. This is going to get your videos out there and help audiences to remember your account.
- Time your posts right. You need to make sure that you are posting at the right times each day, to optimize your content. Ensure that you figure out through TikTok analytics when the majority of your audience is online, so that you can post your videos accordingly.
- Collaborate with other TikTok users. One of the best things about TikTok is that it lets you collaborate with other users. This is a great way to expand your video’s reach and put it in front of new audiences.
- Try going live with your account. You will need at least 1000 TikTok followers to go live, but once you’ve reached this goal, you can start live streaming to your followers. This is a great way to connect with them on a more intimate level and keep them engaged with your content. To begin a live stream, select the ‘+’ icon at the bottom of your page, and select ‘live’ next to ‘video’ at the bottom as well.